Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Love is UP

I have always hated this one thing about myself, and that is that I love so easily and openly. Never recognizing it as a strength or a gift, I only saw how it made me vulnerable and weak, but I couldn't change it. I even spent years trying not to love people, until I woke up one day realising that love is never bad. The word itself can take on no negative form. Love is Love is Love is Love. Lust is not love. Anger is not love. Chastisment is not love. Love doesn't hurt; betrayal, loss, disloyalty, lying, cheating, back-stabbing, and death- these things hurt, but love; love is always good. For "Tis better to have loved and to have lost than to never have loved at all." I finally believe that.
It hurts when you love somebody beyond your own salvation and they turn a cold shoulder to you everytime you need a warm one to cry on... but you still love. If love was bad then we would stop at that point. We wouldn't let ourselves keep hurting over something that wasn't worth hurting over. Some things are worth going through the hard times for though. Even when the pain outweighs the joy a lot of times... the joy outpays the hurt in the end. So love! Love with everything you have! Love who you love. Don't hold back because you're afraid of the pain. Punch fear in the face and stop missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime. "Over-use 'Iloveyou!'" Hold hands, wipe away tears, and hold someone together through a warm embrace. I don't care who you love. Just love, and remember, love is up and it takes people with it.

No comments: